The Corona Virus pandemic has greatly impacted all our family, business and social lives in mostly negative ways. I feel it’s important, wherever it’s reasonable and safe, to move forward with those parts of our lives that can provide the most good. The Rotary Regatta is a beneficial event to continue even with some modifications this year to protect participants and spectators. In accordance with the Texas Governor and CDC guidelines, some or all of the following modifications will be implemented avoid congregation of people wherever possible:
• Mandatory masks worn and social distancing by everyone when on land.
• In accordance with Gov. Abbot’s mandates regarding exercising, masks will not be worn by paddlers while racing on the water.
• Online registration ONLY. No in-person, day of registration!
• Insurance waivers will include COVID-19 language and MUST be printed and returned via with tickets to avoid handling of materials between people.
• Staggered entry and exits of boats onto the water to maintain social distancing.
• No food, drink, awards or music to avoid congregation and maintain social distancing.
• Result times will NOT be released the day of race to avoid congregations around the timing booth
• No shuttles – So please make your own arrangements.
• No Boat Rentals.